AMP 1.6.8 has a change to how passwords are stored. If you have never changed the password for your user via the web interface then you will not be able to log in.
Only users who have never used the web interface to change their password are affected. If you have changed it at least once using the web interface then you are not affected by this change.
You must either use the web interface to change your password before upgrading, or use the instance manager / command line flags for AMPCore to reset your login details after upgrading.
The reason for this is that support for SHA256 hashes has been removed entirely, and now only bcrypt is
You can change your password if necessary outside of AMP by using the resetlogin command of the instance manager (`./ampinstmgr help resetlogin`) – Windows users should use `AMP.exe +Core.Login.Username USERNAME -setpass NEWPASSWORD -configonly` in a command prompt from that instances datastore directory. When setting passwords via the command prompt you should avoid special characters and change to a more complex password via the web interface.
AMP 1.6.8 TN/SR5 is a stop-gap release to allow users to benefit from the fixes, improvements and minor new features that have previously only been available to users of the Nightly release stream. Ordinarily releases wouldn’t be this far apart but AMP 1.7 has some major changes that means it’s slower than normal to get out.
The changes are so numerous that not all of them have been listed this time, and instead only the visible or significant changes are listed.
* When creating an instance, if the password is too weak – there will be no error or warning, but you will not be able to log in. When creating instances on the command line it’s recommended for now that you use a password that is at least 12 characters long, and mixed-case alphanumeric. Do not use special characters on the console as they require escaping.
* “Remember Me” is not working. The cause is known and has been fixed, the fix will be available in the next update (or is available in Nightly)
* When creating an instance, the specified username is being ignored and “admin” is always used.
* Exceptions that make their way up to the web interface always get logged.
* Exceptions that are wrapped up in AggregateExceptions are now unwrapped so the user can see what’s wrong.
* Added support for the Patreon Supporter licences.
* Improved descriptions of certain settings.
* More ‘core’ API calls return an ActionResult to denote success/failure rather than throwing exceptions.
* Fixed enumeration of child processes on Linux.
* Added an Update On Start option to AMPConfig to auto-update the server application when AMP starts.
* Removed support for SHA256 hashes and use bcrypt exclusively now.
Instance Manager CLI
* Fixed startup when using Docker instances.
* Added commands for bulk operations, such as RebingAllIPS and ReconfigureMultiple.
* Too many things to list. Treat this as if it were brand new. New wizard for first time installations.
Email Sender Plugin
* Actually works now.
File Manager Plugin
* Archive operations shouldn’t stall anymore and leave uncompleted tasks.
* New UI to show current selected item. Precursor to allowing multiple selected items.
* Added settings for server name and password
* Update tasks can now be canceled.
* Lots of RCON related tweaks, now works much better.
* Improved startup behavior, changing the default startup directory and add -automanagedmods by default.
* Tweaked normalizers to support more Minecraft server versions.
* Updates can now be cancelled.