This is a fairly big release with lots of under the hood changes and brings AMP a big step closer towards TITAN.
Let me know how you get on in the comments below.
* The users and roles features are now implemented. You can now create roles with as few or as many permissions as you like and assign users to those roles.
* Users management page has been overhauled and now resembles the Roles page in design. These two pages don’t yet have mobile friendly versions but this will come.
* Fixed users not being able to change their password if ‘Force password change’ was enabled.
* Fixed not being able to add tasks to triggers in the schedule.
* Fixed password changes always showing a failure even if it actually worked.
* Fixed the node name for protected settings not being shown in the log when changed.
* Fixed permissions evaluation. Specific methods are implicitly allowed unless explicitly denied, but role based permissions must be explicitly allowed.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the existance of 2 ‘admin’ users with the same name in different cAsEs.
* Added Async versions of all the methods in the web interface (returns promises) – replaces getCompleter.
* Added security check – in addition to not running as root (existing limit) AMP also won’t run on Linux if `sudo su` allows root login without a password from the current user.
* Added session-level caching for permission evaluations, reduces CPU usage.
* Added additional information to the ‘permission denied’ error showing exactly which permission is missing.
* Changed all the setting categories, WebSetting attribute no longer has a ‘category’ parameter – this is now defined by the SettingSectionStore they belong to.
* Changed “Help and Support” to now just be “Support” to deal with linewrap issue (hack instead of preventing the wrap in the first place)
* Changed the behaviour of the frontend plugin to outright not load plugin tabs you don’t have permission to use rather than just hiding them.
* Fixed a bad cast preventing AMP from starting the server.
* Issues a “SaveWorld” before running “DoExit”
* Fixed a bug where an exception was thrown (knocking out AMP) if Java wasn’t installed (was added deliberately for debugging, should have been removed)
* Better fault tollerance when starting the server (missing files, etc)
* List of permitted extensions is now an actual list rather than CSV to make it easier to show in the web interface later on.
* Upload/download/edit now works for VDS directories. Now allows you to upload/download backups!
* ExtractArchive API call now accepts a destination directory to extract somewhere other than where the archive is (not implemented in UI yet)
* Added a ‘create directory’ menu option.
* No longer throws an error when you click the “Test Settings” button!
* VDS is enabled by default, allows access to backups via the file manager.
* Restore is now implemented.
* Creates a data directory by default for information unrelated to the instances. It’s the default directory used for storage if you archive an entire instance.
* Now correctly honors the ‘default settings’ setting to be applied to new instances.
* Fixed instances not being removed from the UI until ADS is restarted.
* Added VDS notifications for instance creation/removal.
* Added the web methods that were formally part of the IM plugin (and have now been removed from the IM plugin)
Instance Manager (CLI)
* Fixed it not running because there’s no ‘session’ for logging purposes.
* Now shows the correct help when you’re missing arguments rather than spewing out an exception.
* Updated to match current API spec.
* Name of the output file is based on what modules/plugins it was generated for.